LET ALBANY VOTERS
DECIDE APRIL 19, 2016
The Albany City School Board
should put two questions on the
April 19, 2016 Presidential
1.Shall the 167.1 million revised
Albany high school renovation/
construction plan be approved?
Yes ___ No___
2. Shall the contract of Albany
School Superintendent Vanden
Wyngaard be renewed?
Yes ___ No ___
Why April 19 ?
1. April 19, is Presidential Primary
Day in New York.
2. All city polling places will be open
3. The Albany County Board of Elections
(not the Albany City School Board)
will conduct the election, including
counting the ballots and coordinating
absentee voting .
4. April 19 is Spring, the weather will
5. City property reassessment notices
go out March 1. Homeowners and
apartment renters need to know
how much their property taxes and
rents will increase before being asked
to vote on the high school spending
6. Superintendent Vanden Wyngaard
can present her case why her contract
should be renewed directly to city
These factors will result in a maximum
informed participation by all
eligible city voters on April 19.